Thursday, May 7, 2009

Here Comes The Rain AGAIN! (Day 37)

It has rained every day for the last NINE days! A few days it rained all day. Today it was showers here and there, with one nice thunderstorm. As you can tell, the grass and trees are loving it. Everything has greened up nicely in the last two weeks. I have never minded rainy days, and I love thunderstorms, but I'm over this. We've barely seen the sun. It pops out for maybe five minutes at a time.
I had to go to CVS today to get a money order to pay for our visas for our trip to China. I pulled into the CVS, which is right next to a bank, and there were a bunch of cops, weapons drawn, in the shrubs between the two buildings. The one cop had a big black rifle out. That was all I needed to see to decide I didn't really have to go to this particular CVS at this particular time. Judging from the 15 or so cop cars and the police mobile command unit, I'm guessing the bank was being robbed. Pretty safe assumption, wouldn't you say? I didn't stick around long enough to find out. I did, however, take the time to hop out and, from a safe distance, snap a picture. :) Driving down the road a couple miles I did see at least three more cop cars, lights and sirens blaring, heading in that direction. I listened to the all-news station on the radio and never did hear anything about it.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the bank wasn't being robbed, since "bo" will soon own all the banks this could have been a "bo" stimulus and the cops didn't get the word.

    ReplyDelete