Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad! (Day 46)

~*~*~*HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!~*~*~*
WISH WE COULD HAVE SPENT IT WITH YOU!

I spent tonight watching the season finale of Desperate Housewives and going through pictures from Rachel's first five years. I'm putting together an album to give to her orphanage when we go there in July. There are so many good pictures of Rachel, and so many wonderful memories! Some pictures almost made me cry, like pictures of Rachel and my grandmother, who passed away last March. Other pictures just made me miss old friends, like Kathy, Rachel's babysitter when we lived in Florida; Cindy, my boss in Florida; and Tammy, Larry and their son Williams, our very good friends from Florida. Some of the pictures I look at and can't believe what a beautiful child Rachel is. I don't know how I'm going to narrow down the number of pictures to include in the album! And speaking of an album, I really need to get these pictures out of boxes and into albums. I remember how, when I was growing up, I used to love looking at our photo albums. Looking through so many pictures I also realized that there are way too few pictures of Rachel and me together, Fred and Rachel, and the three of us as a family. And I have yet to find one of Rachel with my mom. I hope I can find at least one. But mostly, looking at the pictures, I just don't know where the last ten years have gone and how we got so lucky to be blessed with such a wonderful daughter.

1 comment:

  1. And to think all this time I didn't know you were a Desperate Housewives fan-now I am caught up on your life-Ha, Ha!

    ReplyDelete