Saturday, May 23, 2009

Carnival! (Day 52)

With Fred away at the Indianapolis 500 this weekend, Rachel and I went to a carnival with friends. Rachel loves rides. She's pretty much fearless and will try any ride out there. The carnival tonight had a Zipper ride, but I am not crazy about rides at carnivals, so I wouldn't let her on it. Rides at amusement parks are not trucked from location to location and have people whose job it is to keep them safe. Carnival rides are driven all over the place, and who knows how many bolts or parts are jarred loose. Rachel pointed out several times tonight that she rode the Storm Runner at Hersheypark, as if that would convince me to let her ride the Zipper. I did let her ride the Round-Up. I'm not sure what makes this one any safer than the Zipper, but I felt better about it. Enough that she rode it. Twice.
Next was the swings. She looks a bit bored here, doesn't she? Truth is, she's so bored she's picking her finger nail polish off in this picture.
I can't remember what this one was called, but it's just like the Scrambler. They liked this one, obviously.
A good time was had by all, even though we didn't let them ride the Zipper. We had funnel cakes, too, but they didn't last long enough to have their picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment