Monday, April 27, 2009

Chores (Day 27)

A couple months ago Rachel asked for daily chores so she could earn money, mainly for our trip this summer. So we sat down together and made up a weekly chore chart. There are things that she does daily and things she does weekly. Some of the daily chores are unloading and loading the dishwasher, cleaning the table, feeding the dog breakfast, making her bed and putting her school stuff away. Some of her weekly chores are cleaning her room and bathroom, vacuuming and dusting the downstairs, giving Ferris a bath and washing the cat and dog bowls. She also helps with the laundry when I ask her to. If she does everything on the chart she gets $8 - $10. Sometimes she'll do extras, like washing the car or washing the pots and pans after dinner. I know it seems like a lot for a 10 year old, but she really sticks to it. I rarely have to remind her to do something. Sometimes I think she's more responsible than I am! But I'm very proud of her, and she's really earning a lot of spending money for China!

No comments:

Post a Comment