Monday, April 13, 2009

Beavis (Day 13)

"Excuse me. Where is my Fancy Feast? It is 10 p.m. I expect my Fancy Feast NOW. If you don't get it for me, I will proceed to jump up and walk all over your desk. I don't care if you're trying to work. Then I will walk all over Daddy's desk and knock a bunch of stuff over. I will also meow annoyingly and continue making noise and being a pest until you get me my Fancy Feast. And don't think I don't know that you put medicine in it. I know you do, and it doesn't matter. I will scarf down that Fancy Feast as fast as I can so I can get to Violet and steal her Fancy Feast. But sometimes you foil my plans and take me upstairs and lock me in a room to eat. When you do that, I will pester you again to be let out so I can steal Violet's! I LIVE FOR FANCY FEAST!"

Beavis has hyperthyroidism, which means he throws up a lot, drinks a lot, lost a lot of weight and is hyperactive. The medicine is helping with the throwing up. He does give warning meows when he's about to throw up, and then I run and grab him and take him outside. The hyperactivity can either be really annoying or really amusing. A couple weeks ago, he attacked the dog for no reason, hitting him and biting him. Poor Ferris didn't know what was happening. But sometimes around 4 or 5 in the morning he'll decide Fred and I need to wake up, and he will wander around our bedroom making noise, like chewing on something, hitting the window blinds, or just knocking stuff around on my nightstand. Velcro is the worst. He loves to chew on Velcro.

No comments:

Post a Comment