Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bummer....(Day 7)

Broke these a couple weeks ago. It wasn't too big a deal since I have two other pairs. But these are my good ones. I finally remembered to take them to get repaired today while I was out running errands. I keep this pair in my purse. I have another pair I keep on my desk and the third pair I keep in the kitchen. Exciting post today, I know.

I "caught" Rachel re-reading one of her Twilight books. She's read the first three in the series several times each. I haven't decided if I'm going to allow her to read the fourth one yet. It deals with a little more mature subject matter. It's not detailed, but it's there. She informs me every day that so-and-so in school is allowed to read it. Every day it's a different name. One girl is even reading it secretly, without her parents knowing. So what am I to do? She's told me she is not reading it secretly at school, and I believe her. She knows what chapter has the questionable material, because friends have told her. So do I have "the talk" with her and then let her read it, at home only? Or do I tell her in no uncertain terms that I don't want her reading it and trust that she won't borrow a friend's copy without my knowing. I trust her, but I know how badly she wants to read it. Bella and Edward get married, after all! She is mature for her age, so I think she could handle reading it (after I talk to her about it), but is it appropriate to allow a 10 year old to read it? I'm so unsure what to do about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she comes home from school and says someone told her what's in Chapter 5 anyway. I guess it's time for me to have that talk with her whether I let her read the book or not.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, well whatever you do, have the conversation with your teeth/tooth "IN"....just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete