Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lancaster (Day 64)

We went to Lancaster today to celebrate Fred's grandparents' 70th wedding anniversary. 70! Can you imagine!?!?!? Holy smokes. I have no pictures of the grandparents to share at this time, because one of their other grandsons was acting as official photographer and is going to share DVDs with everyone, so I didn't bother. I did get this cute one of Rachel and her cousin, though. Even though they're four years apart, these two are like two peas in a pod.
I remember going here as a kid, and sadly what I remember most about going here was being very little and my parents bringing one of those little potties with us. That's really about all I remember of Dutch Wonderland. Kinda sad, isn't it?
It's always cool to see the horse and buggies in Lancaster. We saw a lot of them today as we were driving down Route 30.
This was also along Route 30. We don't have a sonic anywhere near us in NJ, so we stopped in for a snack. I got a peanut butter shake, Rachel got an orange slushie, and Fred got a burger and onion rings. So original, isn't he?
After we got home we made little brownie bites and put a candle in one. Why? 'Cause it's my birthday! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment