Thursday, June 18, 2009

Are You Kidding Me? (Day 72)

Are you kidding me with this rain?!?!?!?! It's crazy! I better not hear any complaints when we're washing the cars and watering the lawn as much as we want this summer. I usually enjoy rainy days. I sit at my desk, watch the rain, and get lots of work done. And I love thunderstorms. But I'm just over it right now. Enough is enough. Today was supposed to be field day at school, and they had to cancel it, with no rain date. It's the first time in 23 years that's happened. Sure, everything is nice and green, but my corkscrew willow tree is starting to look more like a weeping willow. And Fred (and the competitive neighbor *wink wink*) have to mow the lawn every four days.
It did stop raining periodically throughout the day, and Rachel did some weeding for me to earn some money for China. She found this little weed alongside the house. And please note that she's wearing a hoodie in the middle of June! It's not a fashion statement....it was chilly outside!

1 comment:

  1. Fred's behind, I mean, Fred is behind a few days on the lawn...

    ReplyDelete