Monday, June 1, 2009

Just Keep Swimming (Day 60)

Ferris loves to swim. Well, at least he loves to jump in the pool to chase the pool toys. Here he's trying to get a bat. He kept swimming in circles as Dennis went in circles with the bat. Ferris is actually a bit OCD about the pool toys. Foam noodles? They get completely ripped to shreds.
This is Sammy, Dennis and Amanda's yellow lab. Sammy loves swimming, too. Sammy and Ferris get along pretty good. Every now and then they'll have a tussle over a toy or bone. Ferris seems to be a big dog trapped in a little dog's body. He just loves playing with big dogs, chasing them, etc.
Sammy has a ball in his mouth in this picture, and about a second after I took the picture, Ferris jumped in to try to get the ball. We throw the ball to the other side of the pool from the deck, and Ferris will run along the edge of the pool and then jump in near the ball. He's been known to dive under water if whatever it is he's chasing sinks.
Rachel and her friend "E" swam for a while with some other friends. Then they got cold and went to sit in the dog pool.

I worked out on the deck again today for a few hours. I'm getting so much done out there! I think I'll go out tomorrow, too. I don't have a job, but I have 250 pages to get done by Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carol,

    Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I just can't wait to follow Rachel's journey to China and back to Ningdu.

    Thanks for taking Ella's photo album to pass along for me.

    Enjoy your beautiful family (and beautiful pool!)

    Kelly (aka "notallboysanymore" on the Ningdu Yahoo site)

    ReplyDelete