Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandma. We love and miss you very much!

Yes, we took Ferris to my grandmother's funeral in March of '08. And yes, she would have loved it. She loved animals. I can remember at her and Grandpa's apartment in Harrisburg when I was growing up she would feed all the critters that came around. Chipmunks, squirrels, even the moles. You name it, she fed it. It was always fun to sit and watch them come up to the patio to eat.

My grandparents meant a lot to me, and played a huge part in my childhood. When my mom started working when I was very young, Grandma would be at our house first thing in the morning. She'd be there to meet us after school. She was there when our dog Whiskers decided to chase the mailman one morning. She threw a bag of garbage at him. Whiskers; not the mailman. I can still picture it, and it still makes me laugh. She took me to Grandpa's therapy, and made me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cut them in quarters. It's because of her that I love to bake. All my friends even used to call her Grandma. She was the best, and I'm so glad I had her around as long as I did. Love you, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment